Thursday, June 26, 2008

Out of Surgery, Out of Mind

I had my surgery done on Tuesday night. I ended up getting two screws and a plate in my ankle. They are not permanent, and will be removed in a few months. They are just there to provide support in my ankle, and so that the ligaments can heal properly.

The anesthesia really worked well. All I remember is being carted to the Operating Room and scooting over to the operating room table. After scooting over, I woke up with a sore ankle.

I stayed overnight in hospital and was out by 1pm. It is nice to be at home, resting in my own bed.

They gave lots of vicodin for pain management at home. I'm trying not take a lot of them. They make me feel just a little different.

In any event... it feels good to be at home, and hopefully on the road to recovery!!!

No comments: