Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Best Twenty Bucks I've Spent

My left ear closed up on me over the weekend. The result is that my hearing was about 50%. I noticed that I had a lot of wax in my left ear, so I scheduled an appointment to get it checked out.

The doctor took a quick look and said "yup, you have a lot of wax in that ear".

With some warm water and a syringe, she was able to quickly flush it out. When the water was in my ear, it sounded like an ocean! Two quick washes, and I saw all of the wax that was removed. It was incredible (and smelly). I wanted to take a picture, but Jenn wouldn't let me. I was really surprised how much junk has been clogging up my ears!

I instantly was able to hear much better. Now my right ear felt like the clogged one! A couple of washes later, both ears were in tip-top shape.

Twenty bucks and five minutes later, I walked out thinking that this was the best doctor's visit I've ever had. No long recovery. No prescriptions or medications. No referrals No x-rays. Just a simple procedure with dramatic results.

Next time, I won't hesitate to get my ears cleaned out. :-)

No comments: