Friday, September 5, 2008

More Progress

I am doing much better with one crutch. It is almost getting easy with one crutch.

On Wednesday, I took my first couple of steps with no crutches - they were baby steps, but at least they were steps!

I also had my progress report at PT. No swelling decrease in last week or so. But I am gaining more ability to move my ankle around (this is measured in degrees using a tool that looks like a protractor from geometry class).

Break through on the steps: I was doing Level 1 steps last Friday. Level 1 steps are about a half inch high. On Wednesday, I was doing Level 4 steps (several inches high -- like normal steps).

This breakthrough is due to the fact that I can now maintain my entire body weight on my ankle. However, we did a balancing test -- and I have no balance whatsoever on this foot. Something new to work on! I didn't think that I would loose my balancing ability so quickly!

No comments: