Thursday, September 25, 2008

More changes at P.T.

I went to work on Tuesday without crutches. I walked into the office myself (no easy feat!). And yesterday, Jenn put the crutches in the basement for safe-keeping (don't worry Rebuck... I'll give them back to you!).

I can move around the house pretty well. However, when I walk up the steps, I really notice how weak my legs have become.

The folks are Physical Therapy are adjusting my normal routine to deal with it (just in time... I'm sure they saw this coming):


More changes to my exercise regimen at PT:

  • They moved me to a machine that gives me MUCH more resistance for my leg presses
  • I do a calf and leg stretches by leaning against the wall (5 sets with knee bent, 5 sets without knee bent - 30 second stretch for each set).
  • My ankle rotation exercises are now done with someone holding an elastic band (to help build ankle strength)

No comments: