Sunday, July 6, 2008

PNC are also Ass Clowns.

Another day... another problem with a bank.

I am a new customer of PNC (not by choice - my old bank is merging with PNC).

I got my access to my online banking account today. I got myself locked out because the PIN that I thought would get me in is really not the PIN that they used.

I called up to get my account unlocked and my PIN reset. Citing "security concerns", they were unable to tell me my new PIN, and would instead mail it to me.

Really? I answered three or four of your security questions, and you can see that I am calling from my home phone number. If I did all of that, the letter you send me in the mail next week ain't gonna help at all.

The thing that really irritates me is that they mail me and print my FULL SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER on the letter that shows me my user id! In other words, they are using my SSN as my user id!

PNC: You guys a bunch of fanny bandits.

How hard is it to give me a random number for my user id? Even if the SSN is my user id, why not just tell me this in the mail ('your userid is your SSN')? As a tax-paying citizen, I should know my SSN. You certainly don't need to print out all 9 digits in the letter!

Please STOP using my SSN for things you shouldn't be using my SSN for. And stop printing it on a letter and mailing it to me!

No comments: