Thursday, July 24, 2008

Five Weeks and Counting

While I love summer, I must admit that I really love fall more.

Why? Football.

Penn State kicks their schedule off on August 30th against the formidable Coastal Carolina Chanticleers. Every year I get really excited about a powerhouse football squad, and this year is no exception. With seniors like Derrick Williams, A.Q. Shipley, Josh Gains, Deon Butler, Jordan Norwood, Tony Davis, Kevin Kelly, Rich Ohrnberger, etc. -- we have a good shot at being a real power house football team.

Of course there are questions. Star Linebacker Sean Lee will be out this season -- but I'm sure that PSU can pick up the slack here. We always seem to be loaded at the Linebacker position. The more curious question will be Quarterback. We have the Michael-Robinson-like Darryl Clark who seems really good at giving us an option as a mobile quarterback (but I've never seen him throw). We also have the highly decorated Pat Devlin (who set many Pennsylvania State high school quarter back records), who has yet to see any playing time. Will we see a two quarterback system? Will we move to a spread offense this year? With running threats Stephon Green and Evan Royster, will Joe Pa just use the receivers to set up the run?

Ah... someone like myself can just get giddy thinking of all of the possibilities.

We have a tough schedule this year: back-to-back-to-back games with Wisconsin, Michigan, and then Ohio State.

I can't wait to see how this season plays out. In the mean time, here's the obligatory PSU rah-rah video:


No comments: