Friday, January 2, 2009

The Year In Review...

Before coming to grasp with 2009, I guess it's best to take a brief look at my life in 2008.

The year of 2009:

Collin - Jenn and I both wanted another child, and I really thought it would not be until 2009 before our next child would be born. We were lucky! Collin entered our lives in December and it's already getting hard to remember life without him.

Neya - Neya has changed quite a bit this year! She now has many friends, goes to school, and will even stay over at people's houses. She had a great Christmas with her grand parents. She is really coming out of her shell.

Personal Triumph - Breaking my ankle was a real eye-opener. It took a good 4-5 months to get over this. I actually walked downstairs (fairly) normally for the first time just last night!

Personal Health - I started the year strong by losing 20 pounds. Stress at work and my ankle injury threw a complete monkey wrench into my exercise plan.

Work - I had a really uninspiring year at work this year. I really will not look back at this year and say "wow.. you did really good work". I did not produce anything at all that I am particularly proud of. I improved some of my web-monkey skills, but that's about it.

Home Improvement - Big year for this! We finished our basement, painted the house, and expanded our deck! Jenn did a lot of the real work as I was immobilized much of the time due to my ankle injury.

Books - Sadly... I did not read many books this year. I read Prey by Michael Chrichton - good, quick, breezy read.

Music - Sadly, my sheltered world of iTunes has kept me from exploring new music. Although, I started listening to Girl Talk at the end of the year, and I've been loving it.

Games - This was a great year for gaming. But with my busy schedule, it's really hard to keep up with the scene. Although my ankle injury afforded me the time to play and master: Mario Kart, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Da Blob. I also played of Goo, Call of Duty and way too much oGame this year.

Business Ideas - My friend Wally and I have been working on a side project that we think could be very profitable. I'm really excited about it, and should probably be working on it right now rather than working on this blog post.... more details next year as the ideas turn into real products!


Next blog post - Goals for 2009!

No comments: