Sunday, November 9, 2008

Farewell PSU National Championship Hopes...

As a faithful Penn State alumni, and an avid college football fan, my hopes of another National Championship for my beloved Nittany Lions were dashed on Saturday night at Kinnick Stadium, where the Iowa Hawkeyes kicked a last minute field goal to beat Penn State 24 to 23.

The Nittany Lions have dropped to #7 in the AP polls, and if they win the rest of the their games, they will likely go to the Rose Bowl and play USC.

A part of me is completely disappointed and depressed right now. This was supposed to be the year for Penn State. This was supposed to be JoePa's fairy tale ending. However, I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be. A part of me is relieved. A part of me knows now that I won't be following every Blog, Podcast, and news story on Penn State. A part of me can just let a lot of this go...

Which is probably a good thing. The next two months will be busy -- projects at work, ankle surgery, Thanksgiving, new baby Collin, Christmas stuff. Obsessing over Penn State football is one less thing to worry about. :-)

Don't get me wrong -- There are still two more games in November where I'll be glued to the TV sets for at least 3 hours. :-)

No comments: