Friday, October 24, 2008

Done with PT!

Today was my last day of physical therapy. My last goal was to get to a normal range of up and down movement in my ankle (dorsiflexion and plantarflexion). My goal was to get over 40 degrees of movement. I blew that out of the water today with movement in the low 50's.

All that said, I am still not 100 percent yet (I would classify myself near 95%). I still have a little bit of problems controlling my foot drop when walking down the stairs, and I still cannot do a one-footed tip-toe on my bad ankle.

However, I have no limp in my walk. And everything is feeling pretty good. The other stuff will come back after lots more practice and exercise.

Next up - hardware removal. I am scheduled to get my hardware removed in about 3-4 weeks.

1 comment:

MarkRebuck said...

Rock on, dude! I look forward to kicking your butt around the raquetball court again sometime in '09 :-).