Saturday, March 22, 2008

Inbox Zero

I'm a big believer in Inbox Zero. The approach was something that I had about 50% bought into, and I just needed to be pushed all of the way. It has radically changed the way that I approach my inbox and my job in general.

Unfortunately, it's still very difficult for me. I just "Inbox Zero'd" today, and that was the first time in about a month. However, I usually come very close. My inbox at work, which typically gets 200+ emails a day, is usually sitting at around 10 messages by 10pm.

Not too shabby.

Most of these e-mails were read and acted upon. Those that were not acted upon ended up in our software and project tracking systems (where they should reside) or ended up as the 10-mails in my mail box because I just didn't have the time to follow-up (there's just not enough time in the day!).

So, while I feel like failure for not actually being able to actually get to the Zero in Inbox-Zero, I am quite happy with my e-mail through-put and productivity. And for the days where I do reach Zero - pure bliss!

No comments: